Institute of Customer Service survey 2021
On 5 July, we launched our first Institute of Customer Service (ICS) survey as GreenSquareAccord. Thank you if you have already responded!
The ICS review customer service throughout the UK and work with companies like John Lewis and NatWest.
The survey is a great opportunity for you to tell us what you think of our customer service. The results will highlight areas for us to focus on and can be compared with other organisations, both within and outside our sector.
Here at GreenSquareAccord, we are working towards the ICS ServiceMark accreditation. This is a five-year programme designed to improve customer satisfaction, and customer feedback is a key part of the accreditation.
We will ask customers to take part in the survey again next year, so we can track our progress.
We care about putting our customers first and we are working on a number of initiatives to improve your experiences with us. Being a member of the ICS and asking you to take part in the survey is one of these.
Contact centre customer satisfaction survey
Before we merged to become GreenSquareAccord, our contact centre in the South started a daily customer satisfaction survey. The survey allows customers to provide feedback on their experience with the contact centre and gives us a picture of customer satisfaction. We call customers back if they have a bad experience to help us understand where we can make improvements.
We started the survey in September 2020 as part of our contact centre transformation project, which aims to improve the way we deliver our services, and how you access them.
We are pleased to announce that we are now in a 'soft launch' phase with the same survey at our contact centre in Darlaston. This means that we are testing the functionality of the survey, so we can make adjustments to our process, if necessary, before a wider launch.
In June, 365 customers told us what they thought about our customer service across both contact centres. Overall, you gave us a satisfaction score of 4.36 out of 5 for the month, which is slightly higher than our score of 4.34 in September 2020 when we started the survey. This is a solid score, but we are determined to improve it in the coming months.
To let us know about your experience with the contact centre, look out for an email from us after your next call. If you have a new email address, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
Customer baseline survey
Another area of focus at GreenSquareAccord is our customer baseline survey. The survey allows us to measure customer satisfaction and gives you the chance to provide feedback on our customer service. The survey aims to ensure that customer satisfaction increases over time. We will continue to ask the same questions over the coming months and years and use the results to track our performance.
The survey questions cover five areas:
- empathy; and
- health and safety.
These are our key drivers for delivering great customer service.
Two of the questions in the customer baseline survey help us monitor how easy you think it is to contact us.
- You rated us 3.1 out of 5 for ‘it is easy to contact GreenSquareAccord’
- You gave us 3.6 out of 5 for ‘I can contact GreenSquareAccord in the way I like’ (eg email, telephone, online)
These scores show that too many customers are still experiencing difficulties in accessing our services. We will look into ways to make it easier for customers to contact us.
Customer Panel updates
Our Customer Panels are groups of GreenSquareAccord customers who meet regularly to discuss topics relevant to customers, and to ensure we consult and involve customers when making changes to services that directly affect them.
June Customer Panel meeting highlights – South
- The Complaints Working Group reviewed GreenSquareAccord’s plans to share findings from complaints across the business in a more structured way. The Panel discussed how they would like to contribute to shaping this plan.
- The Communications Working Group created a case study around the experience of a vulnerable customer to highlight which repairs should take priority.
- Julie Bielby, Community Involvement Manager, updated the Panel on the progress of the Customer Engagement Strategy. After three meetings with customers, the strategy’s core principles were agreed on.
June Customer Panel meeting highlights – North
- The Complaints and Communication Panel have been looking at more customer complaints, acting as a designated person. They will be looking at the online customer portal later this month.
- The Scrutiny Panel have continued to look at communication and information available to tenants about antisocial behaviour. Some members have continued to attend sessions and reviews relevant to the merger.
If you would like to get in touch with the Complaints and Communication Panel or the Scrutiny Panel - North, either to raise a query or to join, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Peter.Helly@greensquareaccord.co.uk.